Sunday, September 26, 2010

.....I SHOULD IMPROVE MY COMMUNICATION SKILL.....

 This is my statement why i should improve my communication skill. As we know, communication skill is important for all things and everyone must have high communication skill to stand up in this era.


English for Business or Business Communication electives may include subjects such as communication in the workplace, participation in meetings, writing skills in business situations and interview techniques. Communication skill will be use every time with non stop because this is general in life.


"I always failed to tell how to do something better or what to do, to communicate better". This is reason that why i should improve my communication skill. In reality, good communication skills are opposite, it is using lesser words and obtain a greater impact. Communicating well involves using multiple channels that we human have developed over the centuries. Some of them are primal in nature like the body language and some of it acquired over years, like the tone of your voice and then we have the words.


Personally, the communication skill would be essential to me in several ways, particularly at home, in college, in the community and in the workplace in future. I have to admit that I am a person who has quite a lot of problems in communication. In fact, effective communication skills are a set of skills that I have been trying to acquire with limited success. The main problem that I have is the inability to bring my ideas across to other people and to effectively understand the messages and ideas others attempt to send to me. Furthermore, with a relatively poor command of English, I find myself struggling to find the proper words to use when I communicate with people.


In the college and at the future workplace, effective written communication skills are essential in ensuring that my ideas can be conveyed to the receivers accurately. Being a student, there are times when there is a need to enquire about various things pertaining to college work.


Lastly, as I project into the near future, effective communication skills in the form of writing a good resume or application letter, as well as excellent interview skills would increase my chances in getting my desired job in the challenging job market. Effective professional communication skills such as writing a proper proposal, conducting a meeting, designing survey questionnaires and interview questions, analyzing and presentation of data are essential skills that I would need in my jobs in the future.


To conclude, effective communication skills are life skills that are useful in both the short run and the long run in all aspects of life. These skills must both be acquired and practised effectively to bring out my fullest potential and to be able to establish good interpersonal and working relationships with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment